<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://emycooksmomentos.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Natural Living Blog Carnival: Sleep Challenges. #GreenMOMNetwork


Welcome to the February 2013 Natural Living Blog Carnival: Addressing Sleep Challenges. This post was written for inclusion in the monthly Natural Living Blog Carnival hosted by Happy Mothering and The Pistachio Project through the Green Moms Network. This month our members have written posts about how they address sleep challenges in their homes.
—–

I enjoy my 7 - 8 hours of sleep. I am not a sleepy head, I sleep because I need to rest so when I go to bed I sleep. It has been a while that I have been having trouble to sleep and thought I need to find an alternative place to sleep.  A couple, I needed my room to be dark with the least amount of light intruding. This was never a problem before.Whenever I am tired, I would sleep or nod off even if there is loud noise or bright lights or in any position: standing or sitting, it does not need to be in a comfortable position.

I found an alternative place and am able to sleep but decided to try another place and was also able to sleep even though there was a bit of light. I decided to look around my bedroom and found that there were various lights coming from various place which happens to be electronics such as alarm clock and a router. I decided to cover all the lights and was able to sleep.

Recently, I was reading an article and fought that electronic devices does affects your sleep. I was astonished at first but then realized that is very possible. In the room, I had many electronics device which was close to the bed. I decided to cover them with a thick cloth and that helped a great deal. It seems that any type of artificial light after going to sleep sends a wake up messages to the brain which supressed the production of sleep-inducing hormone melatonin and hence makes it harder to fall asleep and stay asleep.  It seems the light of the electronics keeps you charge long after bedtime. I do not put on any light to go to the bathroom as it takes away my sleep if I must go throughout the night. It has been noted that if I do not cover my windows completely, the sunlight will wake me up before I really intend to.

I work with computers and I cannot have any light when I am going to sleep so I make my room dark. That is a very important factor. A little exercise does help as it relaxes the body and take away stress.
Use a heavy dark curtains to keep the room dark if you have shift hours to sleep well. Hope you are able to sleep well as I am after removing some electronic items and cover the remaining items with a thick cover. Sweet dreams!
—–
Visit Happy Mothering and The Pistachio Project to learn more about participating in next month’s Natural Living Blog Carnival! Please take some time to enjoy the posts our other carnival participants have contributed:

©Maricela, All Rights Reserved. Written for: Natural Living Blog Carnival hosted by Green Moms Network

No comments:

Post a Comment