Hope you had a fantastic weekend as there was a day to prepare, a day to party, and another to relax and enjoy. What did you do? Well it was a much appreciated weekend that we are finally feeling like we are making our place looks like home. We recently moved and it was quite a chore but this weekend finally made us put the pieces together.
This weekend was no celebration at home but we celebrated with friends that are visiting and it was so beautiful to be able to socialize and share some laughter. What more to celebrate was that I did not have to think what to cook but to go to ViveMejor website and used a couple of their recipes to complete the Labor Day weekend.
Here are my favorite Scrumptious ViveMejor Labor Day recipes.
Adobo-Rubbed Pork Chops
4 bone-in pork chops
1-inch thick (about 3 lbs.)
2 Tbsp. Knorr Adobo Rub*
1 cup sour orange juice
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 cloves garlic
5 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
Rub chops on both sides with Knorr Adobo Rub; set aside. Combine sour orange, vinegar, garlic and 4 tablespoons melted Country Crock® Spread in resealable plastic bag.
Add chops. Close bag and marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour or overnight. Remove chops from marinade, discarding marinade. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon Spread in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and cook chops, turning once, 12 minutes or until chops are done.
*KNORR ADOBO RUB: Combine 2 packets Knorr® Sazon with Coriander and Annatto, 3 Tbsp. EACH onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper, 1-1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed and Knorr® Chicken flavored Bouillon. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Well, on such a special day, why not have some Dessert and enjoy some sweetness at the beginning of the week. If you make this the day before it is filled with flavor. What is your favorite dessert? Here is mine:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 Tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray 8-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine flour, 8 tablespoons (1/2 cup) sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Cut in Country Crock® Spread with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is the size of coarse crumbs. Gently stir in milk just until mixture forms soft dough. Knead lightly in bowl (8 to 10 times), then gently pat into prepared pan. Bake 20 minutes or until golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, toss berries with 1 tablespoon sugar; set aside.
- Beat cream with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on high until soft peaks form; reserve 1/4 cup.
- To serve, slice cake in half horizontally. Arrange bottom layer of cake on serving platter. Evenly top with strawberries, reserving some for garnish, then top with whipped cream. Top with remaining cake layer, then garnish with reserved cream and strawberries.
Here are several more delicious recipes to delight your family and friends with these simple and tasty dishes.
|Baked Shrimp Parmesan Empanadas|
|Pineapple Jalapeño Wings|
ViveMejor enjoys helping you throw the best gathering of the summer and holidays, have a look at the the delicious ViveMejor recipes.
Disclosure: The recipes and pictures in this post were shared by Vive Mejor. No monetary compensation was received. All opinions are 100% mine and not influenced by anyone.