<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://emycooksmomentos.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, March 1, 2013

I had a Dream! ~ #Composition #Black #History #Month

Hello, hope you all had a great week and will have a wonderful and cool weekend! Enjoy!

Hola, espero que todos tenía una gran semana y tendrá un fin de semana maravilloso y fresco! ¡ Disfrute!

Credit for pics to Wikimedia Commons

Been thinking of what to write about and heard it was Black History Month and remembered a story that my little one wrote recently for her writing class and decided on sharing her story and would enjoy hearing your comments.


Pensando en que escribir y oyó que era el Mes de la Historia Negro y recordó una historia que mi pequeña escribió para su clase de escritura recientemente y decidió compartir su historia y disfrutaría de oír sus comentarios



It  was a peaceful Thursday morning , February 14th, it was Valentine day. I woke up at 8:00 a.m., ate breakfast and went to walk my beloved dog, Snoopy.

Era una tranquila mañana del jueves, 14 de febrero, día de San Valentín. Me desperté a las 8:00, comí el desayuno y fui para pasear mi querida mascota, Snoopy.

Suddenly, something caught Snoppy's attention, it was a tennis ball rolling down the street. Snoopy couldn't help it and he took off. There was a car going more than 80 miles per hour while the speed limit was only 30 miles per hour  is no match for a german shephard. All of a sudden, out of the blue, a man came, outran the car and saved Snoopy! I was astonished that the man could carry Snoopy. I couldn't even pick Snoopy up when he was 7 in human years which is 1 year in dog years.

De repente, algo agarró la atención de Snoppy, era una pelota de tenis rodando por la calle. Snoopy no pudo evitarlo y se corrió. Había un coche que va más de 80 millas por hora mientras el límite de velocidad era sólo 30 millas por hora no se compara con un alemán shephard.  ¡De repente de ninguna parte, un hombre vino, superó el coche y salvó a Snoopy. Me sorprendí que el hombre pudiera llevar a Snoopy. Ni siquiera podía elegir Snoopy de cuando tenía 7 años humanos en que es de 1 año en años perro.

The man had a broad nose, black hair, black mustache, he had brown, strong eyes, dark skin, and a very impressive, huge, spectacular, peaceful, warmhearted smile. After a puzzling moment, I soon realized that it, it, it was Martin Luther King, Jr.!

El hombre tenía una amplia nariz, pelo negro, bigote negro, tenía ojos marrones, fuertes, piel oscura y una sonrisa muy impresionante, enorme, espectacular, pacífica, afectuosa. Después de un momento desconcierto, pronto me di cuenta que él, él, él, él era Martin Luther King, Jr.! Tartamudeé.

"UH, are you ok?" "Yeah, I'm fine", I replied. I stared at him as if he was an angel. "Thanks for saving my dog." "Don't mention it!" "I want to make it up to you." "No thanks, all I need in return is that you do to others as I did for you." " Do you mean I have to run across the street and save a dog?" "No, I need you to be kind and generous and when they give you something in return, tell them what I am telling  you instead." "OK!" "One more thing." Silence. "Can I have your autograph?" "Sure, it never gets old", he replied.

'EH, ¿estás bien?' "sí, estoy bien," le respondí. Me quedé en él como si fuese un ángel. "Gracias por salvar a mi perro." 'No mencionarlo!' 'Me gustaría hacer algo por ti.' "No, gracias, todo lo que necesito a cambio es que hagas a los demás como lo hice para ti." "¿Te refieres que tengo que correr a través de la calle y salvar a un perro?" "No necesito ser bueno y generoso, y cuando le dan algo a cambio, les cuento lo que te estoy diciendo en su lugar." 'OK!' "Una cosa más." Silencio. "¿Puedo tener un autógrafo?" "Sin duda, nunca envejece", respondió.

A couple minutes with Martin Luther King, Jr. made my  whole Valentine's Day such a beautiful, meaningful DAY! His words remains with me forever.

Un par de minutos con Martin Luther King, Jr. hizo que toda mi día de San Valentín, un hermoso, significativo día! Sus palabras me queda para siempre.

©Maricela, All Rights Reserved. Written for: Emy Cooks

No comments:

Post a Comment